Kirkcudbright is one of Scotland’s most vibrant communities with events, exhibitions and activities taking place throughout the year.
In the 40 years since Kirkcudbright Summer Festivities was born our vibrant programme of events and festivities has grown and spread its wings throughout the year.
From early Spring to the dark nights of winter, the Summer Festivities team of volunteers organise a uniquely varied programme of events, festivals and experiences.
Our Summer Festivities programme gets into full swing in July and August, with weekly events building up to the spectacular Floodlit Tattoo and Firework Display.
2017 events that we believe should not be missed these include;-
- Farmers and Producers Market, 4th Sunday of Month from March.
- Sports for All. 24th & 25th June.
- Kirkcudbright Half Marathon 27th May See Website for full details,
- Galloway Children’s Festival 25th June,
- Kirkcudbright Country Fair 8th & 9th July,
- Riding of the Marches 14th July,
- Art & Crafts Trail 4th – 7th August See Website for full details,
- Our Grand Decorated Vehicle Parade 19th August,
- Our famous Floodlit Tattoo and Firework Display 26th August,
- Classic Car Rally 27th August,
- Food Festival 21st & 22nd October
- 7 weekly Scottish Nights starting Thursday 13th July ,